Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jonas vs Jonas




I was putting together the piece “The Sky Had Opened” on Saturday (on this blog), and needed a photo of my grandfather Jonas Greenblatt, who had died in 1944. I knew there was one on my computer.

For a while my kid’s computer was failing, and they were mostly using ours. It has since been replaced, but they still are on ours often, although I do try and keep them away.

I went into the search mode to find the photo, Jonas in Atlantic City, the solo portrait I used. However, this simple request brought up one Jonas in AC, and 39 other Jonas pieces.

My error, I had forgotten the Jonas Brothers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am looking for descendants of Jonas Greenblatt who immigrated to the US from Klikolai, Lithuania and passed away on 1943/02/25 (see http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/stagser/s1400/s1483/html/ssi1483bg1.html).

    Could you please assist?

    Kind regards,

    Racheli Kreisberg
    Israel

    ReplyDelete