Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guilt Calls



In trying to reach my oldest son Cliff, I have resorted, at times, to devious ways. He is usually the only child of mine to respond, although the others will do so on occasion, Cliff is usually true blue.

Recently I left a message at his home telling him I wanted to talk to him as long as I’m still around. He did respond in a few days. The other day I told him I wanted to say goodbye to him, in a much weakened voice. He called back pretty quickly. I am at least keeping my daughter-in-law Stephanie in a smiling state!

Cliff told me that when his son (my grandson) Henry calls him at work and asks him when he’s coming home, often he will say, in an hour or so, as I’m very busy. Henry, knowing, at 11 (or 12?) how to push all then right buttons, will sing a few bars of “Cats in the Cradle”, which will hurry Dad home.

No comments:

Post a Comment