Monday, March 23, 2009

The 8 Foot High Vagina




This one is rough1 It’s a short bit, but weirdly bizarre.

I went out to lunch and when I returned our secretary told me (and an assembled group standing around the office) we that I had a message on the machine.

The message was on her phone, she laughed, but clearly it was for me and she was sure I could solve the problem for this lady. She put the message on speakerphone and we all listened.

Someone, somewhere was doing an amateur production of the “Vagina Monologues”. Did I think we would have anyone, or perhaps one of our classes who would be able to construct an 8 foot high vagina to fit over their doorway, enabling the theater goers to walk through it on entering the theater?

As much as I thought about it after the laughter subsided, there was simply no way to present such an idea to our students and teachers. Fifty percent of our students were children, and at the risk of losing the business of their families, I figured they were off limits. The rest were paying for a learning experience, and while there is perhaps some learning experience in the stage construction, it is limited, and not quite what they had in mind.

I chose to ignore the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment