Saturday, March 21, 2009

I ran into a nice old guy and his dog today.....


I took Max, our dog, for a walk this morning. I always do the morning walk, although it’s earlier during the week than it is on the weekend. I was out around eight this morning and I ran into a nice old guy with his dog. We chatted about the dogs while the sniffed each other, and than about the weather and stuff, and then he went on.

I was happy, and started to think about how I see mostly men walk dogs in the morning, while I see more women in the other times. I figured mostly men work still, and realized that the old guy I ran into was dressed somewhat different from me

He was more business attired, in that he had on black wing tips, something I seldom, if ever wear. So I realized he was probably a working office kind of guy, and then I realized that I was probably older than this guy!

I am older than most old guys I run into! Why do I see them as old guys, since I must be comparing them with me? I know how old I am, and even though I love when I have to argue and prove I’m a senior once in a while, and I don’t automatically receive seniors discounts, the amazing facts of life are quite real.

I just don’t think of myself that way. I still have trouble believing I’m an adult!

I’m sure that guy and his dog went home and he told his wife, “I ran into a nice old guy and his dog today”.

No comments:

Post a Comment