Monday, March 30, 2009

Help me make it through the night


I was at a conference, sometime in the late 80’s in Atlanta, GA. We stayed at some large and very fancy hotel with wonderful restaurants and lots of glitter and glamour.

I was dressing for dinner, and checked myself carefully in the mirror. I looked pretty good, at least for me. I wore summer weight flannel slacks, a button down shirt, as usual, a striped tie and a blue hued, tweed wool sport coat. I looked pretty dressed up.

I went to the elevator and got on. I went downstairs, and remembered something so I got back on to go up. The elevator opened on a floor to pick up passengers on the way up, and Kris Kristofferson got on with a date and another couple, they were going to a party on an upper floor. The men wore beautiful tuxes and they gleamed! The women were unbelievably beautiful and they sparkled. I was frozen. I could say nothing. I gaped! They talked, blinged and were having a great time.

The elevator stopped, they smiled and got off to go to the party, the doors closed.
I went upstairs, got to my room, and changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment