Thursday, April 16, 2009

Paul Ferguson channels the spirit of my late mother!

Paul Ferguson is the Treasurer of our Board of Governors and a good guy! He is funny, in a most quirky kind of way. He is an accountant; which pretty much says it all. His business is financial planning here in Ancaster, and he is new this year to our Board.

Obviously, Paul would have never met my mother who passed away in 1987.

Sitting in my office yesterday, Paul and I were going over figures when I told him that I was going to be on the local TV news in the morning. He looked at me questioningly and said, “Are you going to get a haircut?” It was an immediate, from the gut response. I heard the question, but the voice I heard was my mother who would, if she were alive, had expressed the same question. My immediate response was, “No! I don’t need a haircut!”

Even if I felt the need for a haircut, my response would have been the same, to Paul or to my mother. “No”!

I may get one later this week, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment