Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recipe Fix

I had to do something, so I made mini crab cakes in a small frying pan using the recipe from the side of the Old Bay can. I put them aside.

I used the same pan to cook  carrots, celery and onions in equal proportions and added three garlic cloves. After it all sautéed down a bit I added sliced mushrooms, about half a pound and cooked them into the mixture. I also added several types of peppers, including one small chopped up hot one. To this I added a half of a large box of spinach , a lot of chopped parsley, and half a jar of left over spaghetti sauce, left over from last week. I used some salt and pepper.

I heated yesterday's shrimp and pasta, added all the aforementioned ingredients. I mixed very carefully and had quite a large bowl, larger than I had when I started a few days ago and have already had three meals from it.

I put a portion in a separate bowl, added Romano cheese on top, topped all that with three mini crab cakes and had an incredible meal!

I now have to deal with a huge amont of additional leftovers.

I probably would have been better off letting my dog have the original leftovers and been done with it.

I made a great save!

I will freeze the stuff and the six remaining mini crab cakes (I made nine out of half a pound of Maryland crab meat).

I hope my family will eventually appreciate the entire journey.

My friends, I am taking off for a few days but look for me again on Saturday or Sunday. As McArthur said after WWII, "I will return!".

No comments:

Post a Comment