Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Day in the Life

Funny, I was just looking for a photo when this one came up. It is my oldest son, (the lawyer) in 1963, sitting on his bedroom floor “reading”.


I am pleased to say that beyond his lawyer position, he is a lead guitarist and singer in a highly respected Washington D.C, area cover band. Not that it is a surprise that he maintains his musical “career”, but when I look at the photo it’s clear to me that this little two year old was absorbed (perhaps) in the guitar music book from “The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan” Album.

He told me years ago that he thought it was unusual that he knew the words to so many Beatles songs, almost as if he came out pre-loaded with the lyrics. I realized that among the things in his room were the words to “A Day in the Life” in poster form, framed on his wall.

It’s funny how much influence parents (unknowingly in my case) have over eventual life decisions. Clearly one single book experience does not a musician make, but this two year old child was already on a path perhaps determined by his environment.

I had forgotten about this photo until tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment