Monday, March 28, 2011

As I wrote yesterday...


Yesterday I wrote before doing the recipes:


When I grew up, going out to dinner usually meant going to a deli. We had a favorite deli nearby, on Garrison Boulevard in Baltimore, called Paul’s.

On Friday evening we often would go there as a family, my parents and I, and even later on I would go with my parents and my wife and kids.

One thing I loved that they had on the menu was meat blintzes with mushroom gravy, something I have been thinking about for the last 40 years or so and thought this would be a good time to make them.

After this appeared, my old friend Joel Cohen in Denver wrote to send me a photo of Paul’s, as it stands today, the Supreme Oasis Bakery and Deli.  Time has done much damage to Paul’s and to the area. I was saddened by the photo and sadly can find no photos on the net of the “good old days” of Paul’s.

1 comment:

  1. had many good meals there--do you remember coopers deli? how about my favorite--knocko's pool hall in the basement...

    ReplyDelete