Friday, March 4, 2011

The Hulk That Broke the Chair!


It was about ten years ago and we were shopping at a local supermarket when I spied Resin Muskoka Chairs on sale for cheap! Now for my US readers, this translates as Adirondack Chairs. Different places, same chair.


They were just out and were $15.99, a very good price fro a cheap plastic chair for the back patio.

I ran over and put my 300 pounds plus frame into the first one I saw if just to make sure I could lift myself out without any help when “CRASH”, it flew into a million pieces, and I landed hard onto the floor!

An older couple standing near us, looking at the same chair, quickly moved away while the wife said, “I told you these were cheap!”

Another person, less embarrassed and for sure of a smaller frame would have stayed there waiting for help, and probably sued the store for allowing an inferior product to be placed in our way. We chose to RUN!     I got the hell out of there as fast as I could! I was not only embarrassed, but felt like the kid caught stealing the jelly beans! My first dumb thought was that they were going to make me pay for it!

I no longer sit on patio furniture anywhere unless it’s clearly solid. I don’t want to be pointed out as the hulk that broke the chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment