Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two emails and a phone call.....




Emails:

Hi Arthur –

I’m sorry I haven’t called. Things have been busy here and at home. *****and I moved all our worldly possessions into storage while *****repairs the floors that were damaged in flood. I think I told you about that the main stack of our building overflowing and covering our wood floors with water! We’ve been living at my parents’ house for the last week and a half -- except for last weekend when we went to*****. Unfortunately, there’s been a bit of a snag with the floor repairs so it may be several weeks until we can move back in.

I’ve heard this weekend is going to be hot. The average temperature in the bedroom at my parents’ is 80F and…did I mention that the mattress is at least as old as I am? I am predicting a HOT and RESTLESS weekend.

*****


Dear *****,

I always fantasized about your talking to me about having a hot and restless weekend.
I guess it proves one should never get what one wants!

Arthur



Phone Call:

From DVSA to *****

(Caller ID says it’s DVSA, 30 seconds after the earlier email, however it’s from someone else in my office)

(Immediate response before any hello)

***** says, “OK, I know it’s not a good idea, you me and **** spending our time all in the same bed, it’s old and it might break”

Silence on our end for 30 seconds…then, ”Hello, do you think it’s Arthur?”

Embarrassing silence on both ends….

No comments:

Post a Comment