Saturday, August 29, 2009

Italian to English


I was in the airport in Turin, Italy and I had some time to kill. As I was waiting I noticed a line of people waiting for something and I decided to go and investigate. It was a refreshment salesperson, and I knew what I wanted! I wanted a beer! They had cans of beer and I got into line.

Since this was an Italian airport I figured I better use my best Italian to get my refreshment, and I worked on saying, una lattina di birra per favore “, a can of beer please. This would be a test, as I was sure the guy didn’t speak English.

As I got to the front of the line, I practiced quietly, and at the given moment, I proudly said, “una lattina di birra per favore”.

He looked at me, smiled a bit, and said, “What kind would you like sir?”

No comments:

Post a Comment