Friday, August 14, 2009

Anger Management

I was walking Max, our dog, yesterday at 6:00 p.m. I walked around the neighborhood for a while and was almost home, and had to cross the street to our house. There was no one on the street and only one car in sight.

The street on the side of our house has a speed limit of 40 kpm or 25 mph. There is a school a block away and even though school is not in session, the speed limit remains. It is sometimes used as a speed trap as it’s an easy target.

The one car coming was traveling way too fast but clearly to me, I could make it.

I sauntered across and he (may have) sped up. At least it was going to be reasonably close, but I still had room to spare.

As he came behind me he rolled down the window and shouted something (I never heard it) and I turned toward his back window (as he was pulling away) and “flipped him the bird”*, and I shouted a string of obscenities at him.

My daughter may be right; she thinks I need an anger management class.

I guess it’s a good thing you can’t carry or purchase handguns in Canada.


*A variation of giving someone "the finger", where the middle digit is fully extended and the remaining fingers are bent at the middle knuckle. An advanced maneuver, the extra manual dexterity required is meant to indicate extreme displeasure with the party on the receiving end of the gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment