Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TMI


My mother moved into the senior’s apartment building in Baltimore in the late 70’s. I remember she was only 63 and had to get special dispensation in order to qualify for a space. She stayed there until her death in 1997. She was one of three original residents still living there when she passed away. She had many stories to tell about this kind of living.

I remember in the beginning, she was bothered by the tenants over concern with bowel movements. She felt these were private issues, and one should deal with them in a private or with their physician, not with their neighbours!

I used to laugh with her about this kind of story, and laughed at the importance of bowels for old people.

“Well, Mom, I’m 67 years old and...

Now I understand!”

No comments:

Post a Comment