Thursday, August 27, 2009



On Tuesday I was able to get access to my daughters files as a registered guest. The part I was allowed to view was the billing information, a nice gesture assuming they want to get paid.


Having been to a parent meeting on finances, I knew some of the problems to expect, but this was the first time I was allowed in to see all fees and charges associated with my daughters registration. Many of them we may be able to opt out of if she is not participating in certain kinds of activities, as yet to be determined.

I had a concern, as it turns out, it was well founded. My daughter was perceived as a foreign student because she was born in Massachusetts, regardless of her citizenship.

When I opened the file I fell off of the chair, as her tuition charges were way more than expected, and it was because she is considered foreign at the moment. The paperwork has been turned in so we hope it will end before we have to really send money. I called this morning and they said to wait. I have two weeks plus before we need to make changes.


The tuition is great for Quebecers and not bad ( double) for Canadians and good (more than double Canadian) for Americans, but it depends what you’re used to.

I was startled!

We will see how this one turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment