Friday, August 7, 2009

The Late Night Phone Call #2


In another late night phone call, I was asleep, and the phone rang. It was our Director of Admissions calling from Texas. It was very late, as she was up late calling me who was on east coast time, an hour earlier than she was.

“I can’t sleep! They’re keeping me up!”

“I was asleep, who’s keeping you up?”

**** and ****, they’re in the next room f**king, and making way too much noise!”

(OK, I’ve cleverly withheld the names and the expletive.)

Now the two people involved were both married, just not to each other!

So, this was a big deal announcement! She wanted me to be the first to know, right after they discovered themselves. It was their first time! I know because they told me years later.

They both found “true love”, inadvertently woke me up and went on to two divorces and a blended marriage.

As far as I know they are still together, twenty some years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment