Monday, January 10, 2011

My 40th Birthday


On my 40th birthday, I decided to throw myself a surprise party.

Everyone understood that it was a joke, and that I wasn’t going to be surprised, actually everyone except my dear friend Harry Smallenburg who assumed I meant it was for my wife and did bring a present for her. However, it was great fun, not too many surprises except someone sent Miss Piggy to see me which I didn’t expect.

Having had a real surprise party for my 30th birthday, and being in the last days of my less than happy married life, it was clear that my wife was not going to be throwing me a party, so I threw it myself. To be fair, she was a willing participant, and would be today if asked.


The party was great fun, and while I have not much memory of the event, I have the photos!

1 comment:

  1. are you wearing a suit and tie on Saturday ????

    ReplyDelete