Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cupcakes


I really like this one. My daughter is in the 11th grade (for my American readers) and in Grade 11 (for Canadians). One of the classes she takes is Ceramics, always a sure winner in my family. My youngest son went to college to major in Ceramics although he ended up in sculpture, and all my kids have had some relationship with clay.


I was so surprised the other night when I found my daughter, the baker, as some of you must know, working on a mini-cupcake extravaganza for seemingly no known (by me) reason. It’s not unusual for her to be baking, she does it often, but she was paying an unusual interest in finishing these things just right. I asked what was going on and was told she had an assignment in ceramics to make a miniature container of some sort and she was completing the project.

The chief piece you will see is a ceramic box, the rest of the display are mini-cupcakes made to look like each other.

The teacher and the students had the chance to view her exhibit and eat all but one of the examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment