Sunday, January 16, 2011

69th Birthday Party


It’s hard not to be rude when you decide to have a 69th birthday party. It’s the magic number that does it. While we tried (OK, not me but my family) to be adult about all of it, some of the humor gets through.


What I said in the preamble letter along with the invitation was:
This is a serious invitation, regardless of what you may think, and my wife is serious about this list as well. She has limited it to my very best friends (and their companions, spouses, partners etc.) in her estimation, even though I may not know you at all. Regardless, I find it amusing that she is so serious about it. I made several suggestions and she blackballed those immediately.(She is surrounding me with people she believes may really like me and are not just my friends because of the money!)


I started this idea of a 69th birthday party because of all the sexual innuendos that my wife has now made me remove from everything
So, as you see the invitation and recognize the insane intent if the birthday boy, we can only say it's my our own little joke.

Let's keep it under our hat!

God love it, when you get this old ya' gotta' figure you only have so many of these babies left!

All my love,

Arthur

We had a great time with Asian-Inspired Tapas and Birthday Cake! The food was done by my wife and daughter with a bit of help from me. I chose not to open gifts last night as some may have been inappropriate. I know at least one couple went shopping at the Adult Book Store but may have ended up getting nothing there. It remains to be seen. However, there was lots of food, lots of laughs and lots of drinking! I was delighted with all of it, including the company.

Next year my wife threatens to do a big one, and I just told my sister-in-law in Texas that I am planning to go to a mountain cabin alone as a birthday treat next year. However, I can’t imagine really doing such a thing. I guess I thrive on people.

2 comments:

  1. We could all go to the cabin with you!!!!
    HAppy Birthday Fella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me! I was toying with the same idea, but thought I'd wait till I was 70. Gonna throw a 69th Birthday Party, as you never know how many of them you're gonna get, and ,you know, it's 69...

    ReplyDelete