Monday, January 17, 2011

The Letter


I received a large envelope on a Thursday a week or two ago. It was from our insurance company, and I picked it up from my office mailbox at the end of the day. I put it into my briefcase, recognizing the logo on the envelope as our insurance company and knowing, of course, it's the beginning of the new year. This therefore registered on my conscience mind as the annual calendar. The truth be known, this company never really sends out a calendar, but it was a big envelope and it was January and I was in a hurry so into the briefcase it went.

Well into the following week I looked in the top of the briefcase and saw the letter. I was going to chuck it out into the recycling when something internal grabbed me. “Maybe I better look at it”, I said to myself. “perhaps it’s not a calendar”.

This story should end here and I post a photo of the new 2011 calendar I received, but lo and behold it was a letter and a check for $1,575.00 as a rebate for a change in policy during our renovation!

I have learned a lesson here, never judge an envelope by it’s size!

No comments:

Post a Comment