Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Thermostat Concerns


In 2001 I wrote an email to my older kids:

On Saturday, while we were in Detroit, my in-laws were warm. So they went to work on the digital thermostat. They’ve never seen one before, and kept changing the temperature because it “didn’t work”, it just kept showing the same temperature (72 degrees F).

They moved it on cool so it wouldn’t be hot.

They denied most of this and I believe God came up and did it himself.

At 4:00 am this morning I noticed the heat was on and I went to investigate. They had set the thermostat at 53 degrees F and turned on the air conditioner.

We spoke to the heating guys, and they suggested we turn off all of it and let the ice block thaw, plus put towels in our furnace room to mop up the flood from the melting ice. My father-in-law wanted to pour boiling water on the ice, and he demanded an explanation of how the system works because he didn’t do anything.


All of this was years before he was diagnosed with Dementia!

Ain’t life grand!

:

No comments:

Post a Comment