Friday, November 19, 2010

It makes me tired...


Seven year ago I wrote an email which said, “My daughter has a good friend who often spends time with us. Her parents are great people who are overly exuberant about real healthy activities and are always out biking, skiing etc. They are young by my standards, in their mid 40’s, but even in my elementary years I never had their energy.

On Saturday their daughter slept at our house where we made sushi, and did a video for their health class about the girls as sushi chefs. Her parents, there was a snow storm coming (in fact it was ongoing that evening), left alone, chose to go night skiing or hiking or something and came home in a five car caravan down unplowed highways at 3AM. On Sunday, they picked up the girls plus my other daughter and her friend and went snow tubing and sledding for a few hours.

I can’t look at them, it makes me tired."

Back to 2010: Last week we went out to dinner with all of them after they had done a multi-hour bike ride. We had great fun, and after dinner one of our friends became ill, and was at the point of passing out, but was able to recover, and we went on. It was dehydration and muscle spasms and who knows what, but I was able to just lumber along.

I don’t know, I love them, but just looking at them, makes me tired.

1 comment:

  1. Skippy, is that you?
    This is Eddie Bernstein.
    I have a photo about 90 years old of my mother, father and another male who I am guessing is your father. Maybe you would know.
    Please contact me at eb227@hotmail.com
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete