Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The New CD's


Tonight my daughter (who I never am allowed to talk about in these posts) asked me if I’d go to Best Buy and pick up the new Taylor Swift CD, “Speak Now”. I asked if she would pay for it and she was delighted, so after dinner I went. My wife (who I never am allowed to talk about in these posts) had earlier last week asked me to get the new Elton John, Leon Russell CD, “The Union”. I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone but two different debit cards and get them both.



For my non-Canadian readers, yes, there is a Best Buy in Canada.

At the check out the guy asked me, “A Taylor Swift fan?” I laughed and said no, it was for my daughter. He laughed and said, “Is she 16?”

I was amazed! He was right on the mark.


I told him he was great and knew his business and he asked if he wanted me to tell me my age from my choice. I declined. I said it was for my wife anyway, so we could forget it. Besides, I was standing there so it was no great leap of knowledge. As well, Leon Russell fans are a very limited group in age I imagine.

We both discussed the dwindling numbers of CD buyers, and both of us were into downloads.

We had a bond, this 20 something young man and this aging senior citizen, and besides, he guessed my daughter’s age by her musical taste! Those skills, while limited, are remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment