Saturday, October 2, 2010

A kiss to build a dream on......

Last year I started a post on Social Kissing with the following:



I have quite a time with social kissing


Now I like kissing as much as the next guy (just not kissing the next guy) but sometimes it’s a tough call. Do or don’t I?


Do I go in for the kiss or hold my ground? What about violating social space? What about business kissing, a new sport?


It used to be you kissed your Aunts or maybe your cousins and that was it! OK, sometimes your parents, like at graduation or something


But your friends?


Your business acquaintances?


Other guys?


OK, I exaggerate, maybe, but friends at dinner parties? I kiss the ladies, but what about new people? I seem to meet them going in and kiss them going out.


Just a word about air kisses. What is that? A cheek kiss gone awry?


What about the possibility of the wandering tongue? Is such a thing possible? Will it happen? And then, what is your response?


I will admit to having it happen only once, it was my birthday and I was kissed and there was tongue movement. What to do? Truthfully I had trouble sleeping. It was a Friday night and I had to see her again on Monday morning.


You probably know this was a long time ago, as if it were now, I would not be writing it in a blog for everyone to see. No, I was not married when this happened, but still, it was social kissing.


If you are reading this post and are now intent on slipping me the tongue the next time you see me, please remember that I will need some warning as it may be over stimulating for my heart!

I attended a alumni function (this is another 80’s part) and as I was circulating around the room, I was stopped by a woman who was the “girlfriend” of a guy I knew pretty well. She said, “Arthur, will you kiss me?” I was startled, but she was serious. I smiled and said something like sure, and went in for the kiss. When we connected, I realized she was serious! I wasn’t sure how cool I could be, as we were in a room full of people and they could all see. It lasted a bit, and we disconnected. She smiled and said something like, “Pretty good”, and I had a strange look on my face, as I didn’t understand her comment. She said,” Beth (fictitious name used to protect me and the woman) said you were just an amazing kisser, and I wanted to see for myself”.

I was dumbfounded!

I didn’t know this was a test! (I might have tried harder.)

I tried to remember when and where Beth had gotten this information, and lo and behold a memory came drifting back into my addle brained head; I had an encounter with Beth.

It was the year before, and we were somewhere, out of town I believe, and I was in a hotel lobby when Beth appeared. She may have asked me to go upstairs, (I know I didn’t), but there was this goodbye kiss! It was foggy in my mind, as I had been drinking and I’m sure she had been to. I forgot it by the morning and she had clearly carried it with her, at least until she could pass on this important information.

Did I pass the test? I’ll never know. I never saw the young lady again, and I never kissed Beth again.

The truth is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment