Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What goes around.......

I found this in yesterday’s email and I had to share it with you:

Today I had an early appointment at the doctor's, and so I workedyesterday, on Mother's Day. When I got to the doctor's, they said itwas for tomorrow. I had to rebook and was somewhat perturbed as I'm sure I would have chose Monday with this being the easiest day to rework my schedule.

Anyway, since I was free for a bit I decided to go for breakfast inWaterdown. (I don't know why I was drawn to go there, other than the fact my Doctor is near and it was closer by.) Sometimes I pop in to theGoodwill store next door just to have a look around, which I did do after breakfast. I was on my way out, browsing around as I go, when I nearly tripped over a painting on the floor.

I was stunned, as this was a painting that I did during one of DVSA’s Acrylic Painting classes, back in 1995. I had donated it to the DVSA Art Auction and it sold for a fair price. (I even knew the winning bidder assomeone I grew up with from my hometown.)

Part of me wished I never sold it as I always missed that painting, being that it was the only one I ever did like this - swirling fall colours, with leafimprints and real leaves blended into the expressionist abstraction. I had collected and hand-pressed autumn leaves that had fallen from trees in the Dundas Driving Park.

So here I was now, starring at it for sale in the Goodwill!

I wondered why he never tried to return it to me but perhaps that would have been awkward or inconvenient, or whatever. I am really happy to see it again, in good condition and available for purchase. I bought it on the spot.

I put it out there (to the universe), shared it, and then it came back to me.

3 comments:

  1. How much did you pay for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story--what goes around comes around, and visa-versa. But it must be similar to an author who goes to a bookstore and sees his/her books on the remainder table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not my story! I was not in Ontario in 1975! This came in my email as I described!

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete