Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's all about misunderstood texting...

On my way back to work this evening, I had to stop at the liquor store to buy a bottle of cold white wine for the dinner I was about to attend. It was the pre-event dinner for our Annual Juried Student Show, a dinner (pot luck style but fantastic) done by our Gallery Committee for ourselves and the guest judges (usually two of them). The big bottle of red was in the car but I needed a cold white, and it was available.

Leaving the store, in the car going to the school, I received a text.

We now have laws in Ontario about driving and talking (hands free) and no texting. Given my eyesight and the size of my hands and my phone keyboard, there is no need for a law, I can’t do it anyway.

At the light I looked and it said, “XOXO, Love, Sandy”

“How nice” I thought, “my wife just wanted to tell me she loved me.” I left the house with her not being at home, and I beeped at her as I passed her walking our dog Max down the street.

It’s hot as hell out there, and she was so nice to send such a loving message, it made me feel all warm inside.

I quickly sent off a text message saying, “Thanks, I love you!”

I smiled and went on my way.

A bit later as I pulled into my parking space, a message came through saying, “Well, are you doing it or not!”

I was really confused! Do what? I looked to my phone again and looked at messages.

It seems my wife sent a very long message asking me to do an errand at the liquor store, and she signed it, XOXO, Love, Sandy.

The phone chose to separate the message into two parts, the part I didn’t see, and the part that said, XOXO, Love, Sandy!

The warm feeling went away and I was just plain hot. After I was finished with the event, I went off to the liquor store and picked up just what she needed, which clearly didn’t include yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment