Thursday, September 17, 2009

This however, is not about health care...


My next door neighbor is our optometrist. We all go to him regularly for glasses, contacts and check-ups. Being old, with Canadian health care, the government gives me annual check-ups, and yes, my American friends, they are free. And, yes, as well, if he finds something wrong he can send me to an ophthalmologist, and yes, it would be free.


This however, is not about health care.

When I returned home from my visit, I had some questionable findings, mainly some retinal polyps appeared. Due to my age, these are not a major concern but certainly not a normal find.

I arrived home and my wife and my neighbor (not the optometrist but his wife).
were in their pool. I went over and told them I had a concern, I had retinal polyps.

My wife questioned (she may have a hearing disorder but that’s a different friend), “rectal polyps?”. I said yes, and suggested that the exam was quite invasive, but he thought he may be able to remove them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment