Saturday, March 13, 2010

Subterfuge #2

The image used is acually fishing tackle supplies



It started so simply.

My friend and I had been out shopping, looking at computers. After we were through, he told me he had an errand, and left me. I went back home and sat around for a while, he returned at about 5:30 p.m.

He had been visiting a friend in the hospital, the wife of a friend of ours. I had no idea she was in the hospital, and expressed my concern.

We decided to go to dinner, and he called his wife to let her know he wouldn’t be home until later on. Some of his conversation was made in hushed tones, but due to the quietness of my place, I couldn’t help but overhear.

To what must have been the question, “What have you been doing?” he answered, “I’ve spent the afternoon shopping for computers with Arthur”. This struck me at the time as odd, given he hadn’t spent the afternoon with Arthur, and he had been visiting their family friend in the hospital.

It was forgotten at the time, because it wasn’t important.

Later, when he moved in with the woman from the hospital, I remembered the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment