Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Live like normal people!


On Saturday, January 9, 2010, I wrote:

We have good neighbors and friends. They live a block or so away, and are extremely helpful and good people. So it’s with a bit of concern that I write these thoughts, but some things need to get out! I have kept their names out of this so that no criminal intent can be blamed on me.They were redoing their kitchen several years ago and were getting rid of their old refrigerator. They were paying the delivery company $40 to take it away. When we found out, we had it taken to our house for the same $40 (we did pay it) and it lives in my garage as the garage frig.


I know it eats up some electricity, but it gives us great frig storage when we need it. It does not freeze in the very cold winter because some law of thermodynamics says freezers won’t work if the outside temp is below freezing, although frigs do work at that temperature. I asked a repair guy about it and he explained it and I never understood, I just smiled!


So, the now their frig is gone and he tells us last night that in his garage he has three or four barrels, filled with straw, and in these barrels he keeps vegetables! These are people who gave away a perfectly good frig and keep food in barrels! They live within walking distance of one supermarket and within five minutes of three more! They only have two people in the house! They keep vegetables in barrels of straw?


On top of that, they tell me, they keep parsnips in sand! What the hell for? Who eats parsnips? If you ate them, how many could you eat that you’d have to keep a supply in the garage in sand?She bought a giant size bag of carrots! She keeps them in the garage. He doesn’t eat carrots! She will turn orange trying to eat the carrots by herself!I want to turn these people in the logic police but I can’t find their number.

Now I’m told the new frig died. They had a friend look at it and declared it an engineering disaster, and it needs some new parts. However, not to worry, they’ll put everything in the garage now and wait a few days for the friend to get around to fixing it.

These people are my friends! I do not do this to embarrass them, I want to put the craziness out there.

Pay someone and have it fixed!

A garage is not a refrigerator!

Live like normal people!
a note from our frinds this mornig: Arthur.... read your latest blog tonight,,, and laughed so hard.... Yes, the frig is fixed, the spoiled food is going out in the bin tomorrow morning,, and Yes we paid our friend who did the repair with wine

No comments:

Post a Comment