Sunday, March 7, 2010

My University of Toronto visit....

Last year I attended the University of Toronto open house for prospective new students. I was a few minutes late for the first speaker, and didn’t get her name. However, the issue for me was new technologies, and behind her were projected questions about the University, with multiple choice answers. She spoke while this entertaining questionnaire went on, much like the screen displays before the movies start at the movie theaters. Harder to look at and listen to the speaker than CNN or Fox News News ticker at the bottom of the screen.

She was a good presenter, with a good powerful voice and a nice manner. I have no idea what she said but I do know that Donald Sutherland attended U of T and they have many Nobel Laureates on the faculty.

Also, I have a favorite question from that visit. A parent asked a student guide what Convocation Hall is used for. There was a pause, I was quietly laughing, and the student answered with a smile, “Convocation”.

No comments:

Post a Comment