Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hoarders has ended






The Hoarders episode ended and the floor was done. The guy arrived at 8:15 a.m. and was gone by 2:30. He removed the carpet, installed the floor, put in new quarter round moldings and was gone.

Could I have done it, sure? My already gone knees would have needed surgery, my patience would have ended and I would complete the job in a few additional days. As it was, I had to vacuum up a bit and move the furniture back in, thus ending my Hoarders routine.

When my family returns from March Break, they can move back all the boxes full of stuff, as I have no idea what it all is or why we need it.

Two weeks and it’s the carpeting in the stairway and hall that will be replaced. I have to move all of the books from the eight bookshelves in the hallway and all the Royalty Tin Collection, which sits on top of the bookshelves. This will be another massive job. Lots of the books will not be returned to the shelves. Even though we’ve moved so many times, we still have way more junk than anyone ever needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment