Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A conversation in line today at Starbucks

I was first in line, and the man behind me came in with his wife with a child in her arms and they sat down while he stood in line. The next young man was in line immediately afterwards, and he was in his late 30’s, I guess. He asked the guy in front of him what the name was for the type of baby holder his wife was wearing, one where the baby was laying across her chest. The young man didn’t know, but made arrangements for them to meet when they all had their coffee, to talk to his wife. The guy was interested because his buddy’s wife just had a baby and he wanted to buy them a gift and didn’t know what that was called.

I chimed in, “My youngest daughter is 16, but I remember we called it a Snugli, at least I think it was called that at the time.” He asked me if it was a brand name and I didn’t know but it could have been.

They were both pleased, I had an answer and they still would meet up afterwards to check with the expert. I completely understood. We talked about it for a bit and the guy (the late 30’s one) told me his oldest was 16 as well.

I smiled and said it was my youngest who was 16, but I think I still remember. I than said, “My oldest is 47”.

No better punch line has yet been invented. I brought down the house!

1 comment:

  1. not too many can top that one Arthur!!!!
    B

    ReplyDelete