Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trying to paint the room


The redo on my youngest daughter’s room included the removal of a butterfly wallpaper border. It seemed so cute ten years ago to put up this lovely, 5” border at the ceiling height. I assumed it was strippable! Not so!

After caustic chemicals and warm water etc., we could just about scrape off the top plastic layer, to expose the paper, glued underneath. Then scraping all over again to remove the paper and glue! This was the worst! No one should ever mention wallpaper to me again!

When the top surface was off most of the paper, we moved to kitchen sponges with those hard green surfaces like sandpaper. When those gummed up we moved to scrubbies from the shower which finished the deal.

Now it is clean and can be painted as soon as the walls get a TSP scrubbing to remove the regular dirt and the stuff we put on to get off the paper.

I thought we would get it painted in a day.


I have to prime the purple color so it won't bleed through the teal!


This was the part I thought was bad.


Now I can't wait to get to prime!

No comments:

Post a Comment