Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coming of Age


In an earlier story I spoke about my experiences with being a senior and having, from time to time, to prove it. These were experiences related to seniors’ discounts and truly, it’s the only time most of us will admit to being over 65, because in the end, money is money. Pride skips out of the window on this one.

I have not posted any new ones of these stories, because as one gets further away from 65 (the wrong way of course) those stories disappear.

My cousin, who I am sure wishes to remain anonymous said this to me by email after reading one of my senior discount stories, “Just the opposite happened to me. Shortly after I turned 65, I was in a restaurant that advertised a "senior discount". I was paying at the counter and said to the young kid taking my money: "I get a discount as a senior".
He said "I've already taken it off."
I was not walking on air after that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment