Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kijiji Experience

On the 15th of February I wrote:

When we purchased my youngest daughter’s bed, it seemed like it would be there forever. She was about six and this was an IKEA Bangsund bed, a very high bed with storage underneath which could last a lifetime, and besides, it weighed 400 pounds and was packaged in two boxes, one which weighed 275 pounds. The guy from IKEA helped me get it into my car, and we removed the boxes in pieces, by opening it up in the car and carting the pieces upstairs in many trips. Once together, I was sure I’d be long gone to my final reward before this monster would move again. How wrong I was!

My daughter and my wife planned a redo of her room. Now sixteen, she had different tastes than she did at six, so out everything must go including the 400 pound behemoth.

My wife looked around for someone to take it and she found a new mother at work who was willing to relieve us of the bed. She and her husband were to come over yesterday to get the bed. The new floor can’t go in unless the bed is gone! When they arrived they took one look at the bed and backed out of the room declaring it too big for them! We were stuck with nothing to do but deconstruct the bed, take it downstairs to the garage, and put it up on Kijiji.

If you need a giant bed, really great for kids who do not have a fear of heights, call me!

The Kijiji advertisement said:

Ikea BANGSUND Twin Bed. The bed has two rows of storage shelves with sliding doors and measures 42W x 80L x 40H. Located in Ancaster. I have taken the bed apart (I have the instruction manual to assemble the bed).

You will need a van or truck to pick this up as it is heavy.

It went in a week ago. Yesterday I paid ($1.99) to move it back to the first page. Someone bought it this morning and it’s gone!

223 people looked at the ad!

Here are all the emails I received with original spelling!

1. do u still have the kids bed

2. I iwll take it for 40......is it big enough for a 5'5 adult?? Lol

3. I would like to buy your bed if you still have it...I have a mini van to pick it up..Thanks

4. Is this still available? Interested for new teenage granddaughter
will you take S $50

5. Thank you for your prompt reply. We will contact you when we sort out the timing for a visit.

6. My daughter dislocated her shoulder last night and so we are a little grounded at the moment. Many thanks,

7. Interested. Is this is in good shape? Need for teenager. Would this be suitable?

8. very interested in bed. please mail me back. work nights so wont get message till tonight.
Thanks
9. do you still have this??

10. Hello, can you tell me the condition of this bed, does it have scratches or broken or loose parts. Also if it would be convenient for me to come and see it today. Thankyou

11. I am interested in seeing this bed, i understand it is taken apart, i can come this afternoon just let me know what time is convenient for you.

12. i wana know about mattress.its include or no. how is conidition for bed.if there is mattress too i will pay $65.let me know . does it come with the mattress
13. Hi, yes I am interested in coming to see the bed could you send your address and a time that is good for you.
Thanks!

14. Hi I am EXTREMELY interested in coming by to see this bed! I have a single matress already so I would only need the frame. I have my boss's truck that I could use to pick it up with but may need a hand loading it depending if I can get extra hands or not. Is it in as good of condition as this picture? Are you free for me to come by tomorrow?

15. Do you still have it? is there a box spring needed for it and how long is it?

16. would like the bed. as said in first e-mail, i work nights. i kindly ask that you phone me to make arrangements to see and pick up the bed. Thanks

17. Hi Arthur, for some reason im just getting your message now. i can come today if its convenient for you. (The bed was already gone when this one came through.)

I answered everyone, even those trying to bargain for a bed they never even bothered to see.

#14 came out this morning and took it in her bosses truck!

God Bless Kijiji

1 comment:

  1. I know it a long time ago but since you know about that bed I am going to buy one to and I was wondering if you could tell me if its strong enough for me! haha! im 22 and im 100 kg!

    Thanks! Anna

    ReplyDelete