Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Birthday Visit

I looked through all 270+ posts to see if I could find the story of the birthday visit from my mother, but I can’t seem to find it. Such a powerful experience, I’m sure it’s here but I am forced to retell it because of this follow-up.

Two years ago I was asleep on the sofa in the family room “watching” television when I woke up to find my mother sitting across from me on our hassock. She was wearing a maroon suit, and looking very good considering she had been dead since 1997! She was having a hard time speaking, and we passed some information between us almost subliminally. I know that I could have been dreaming, but when I awoke again later, everything was exactly the same but she was gone. It was very real to me!

I was shaken when I got up and realized what had happened. I looked around for any evidence of her being there but of course nothing could be found. I then realized that she had appeared to me on February 8, her birthday.

Last year was quiet on that day and this year, I was concerned, but nothing happened on the evening of February 7, and on the morning of the 8th all seemed quiet. I put it out of my mind.


The next night, past midnight so it was officially the 9th, I was watching TV again, covered with a fleece blanket and holding the remote in my left hand. Suddenly, the blanket lifted out of the crease formed by my right hand and my right leg while lying down, and was laid calmly back down again, as if making an adjustment. I was awake. There was no one visibly present!

As I thought about it I realized it had been my mothers 100th birthday, and she was just adjusting my blanket so I would feel better, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment