Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Bathroom Story


In my first year as Dean, many of the women on the staff complained about graffiti on the second floor ladies room in one of our buildings. It seems that second floor female students in the building (the floor was used for graphic design and some academic courses) were writing about the questionable conduct of one of the academic male faculty members. I felt, as the new dean, that I should do something about it. I needed to see for myself what had happened.

The former registrar and I waited until after school one day, when no one was around, and went in to inspect the area. After reading the allegations, she and I left, only to be seen leaving the ladies room by our Public Relations Director.
The next day, an embarrassed dean tried to explain why he and the registrar paid a late afternoon visit to the ladies john together to a very interested audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment