Saturday, May 2, 2009

Euphemistically speaking....


You will remember it was my anniversary, and we had a lovely day. My wife did exchange (not return!) the Tommy Hilfiger tops for ones of her choosing, and we went out to one of our favorite places (a reminder to Canadians reading this blog, I know I spelled favourite incorrectly, it’s in American English), the Old Mill here in Ancaster. All in all (with a bit of shopping added, and with me picking up teens from the train and depositing them here and there), it was a very nice day.

My wife quietly said to me, when we were alone, “You know what I’d like to do early on Sunday morning?”.... “No”, I said,.... “what?”


“I’d like to spread the mulch”.

OK, it’s a stretch, but I went with the euphemism here. It seemed so appropriate to the day, that I just went with it. “Great!” I said (leering).


She replied, “I have six bags of mulch in the garage and we can spread it early!”

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think Arthur!!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that to my wife all the time--she just doesn't get it!

    ReplyDelete