Friday, May 15, 2009

From Captain Kangaroo to Captain Kirk


The time has finally come to say goodbye to my office chair. I bought it, I think, about nine years ago when it became obvious that my back, already used to a lumbar supported office chair, could not take the old office chair already in place here at school. I have a great office chair at home that I received when I left CCS, which has a whole story related to it that will need some telling later on. However, this chair needed replacement and I went to Staples (where else?) to find one. This one had a high back and a comfortable seat and I was in heaven.

It began to fall apart over time, and the arm rest went first, I don’t know why, It just eroded. The front left got an acid burn, I think, from some cleaning product dropped on the chair in error, I guess. Then finally, my wallet took out the bottom left side of the seat. It looked bad and had become a bit uncomfortable over time.

This new one looks a bit like Captain Kirk’s seat in the Enterprise and had all the good stuff like lumbar support and leather, as well having a Serta label.

It's a great place to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment