Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Paranormal Apparition

I do not keep up with the latest in Christmas yard decorations; I have no interest in such stuff. However, my next door neighbor does seem to add a few items every year or so and this year I was momentarily fascinated with it until I was overwhelmed by a feeling of dread!

As I walk up or down the steps to and from our first to our second floor, I pass a hall window looking out on my neighbor’s back yard. In the summer I look out on their pool, and in the winter I usually overlook their pool cover, except when it snows. This year they have added two lit up deer. In the evening and into the night, these two deer stand around and look wistful and very nice lit up against the snow covered pool.

I have not paid it much attention except to mentally note what a festive and peaceful tableau it all seemed to present. And than it happened, the damn deer moved!

I know nothing about this stuff, and who expected an animatronics deer! I was walking by and looked a bit longer than I had before, and the deer picked up its head! I freaked! My stomach turned over momentarily and I was in some Stephen King novel! This must be Castle Rock, Maine and I’m some teen aged kid looking at moving wire frame deer! (It was only for a second and I realized it must be a trick.)

It will not look scary in the video which is from YouTube and not one I took from my vantage point, but it is part of what is out there and “made” my Christmas this year!

1 comment:

  1. see Arthur someone....something.....always watching you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete