Friday, December 3, 2010

Open Mouth, Insert Foot


So last night our friend Steven calls from New Jersey. He says it was great to see us last week and talked about how much fun we had. I get started on all my stories from the weekend including the big Thankful story I wrote yesterday and I’m on a roll!


Ten minutes of stand up routine I do, just for fun. I’m doing shtick and having a good time and I say, "I’ll hand the phone over to my wife".

He says, “Before I speak to her, I just wanted to let you know that I'm calling to let you know that my mother died yesterday”.

Now let’s get something straight! If someone dies, and you call me, please start with that information first! I need to know it’s serious time in advance, because I get started and I don’t know when to quit!

I was devastated. I loved his mother! She was a very nice lady who did live a long and productive life, but it was sad to learn of her passing. I feel terrible, both for him and for me for being such a schmuck!

Please, if you call, let me know in advance if it’s bad news. Give me a sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment