Saturday, December 25, 2010

I am the Troll under the Bridge.....


Yesterday morning, very early, I was out with my oldest daughter at the bagel store and the woman behind the register looked at her and declared very loudly that she had the most beautiful eyes she’d ever seen. She said a line I believe is from an old Laurel and Hardy movie, “The eyes are the windows to your soul”. She just wanted us all to know she was beautiful. My daughter smiled, blushed and thanked her which was a great way to handle a compliment. I was very proud.


The week before, I was with my younger daughter and we were in a gallery and a well known local artist came be and asked me who this was. I explained it was my younger daughter and introduced her. The woman said she could not believe that such a beautiful child could ever come from someone like me! My daughter smiled, blushed and thanked her which was a great way to handle a compliment. I was proud of her and was pissed off. My daughter thought it was really funny, which it was.

However, I do get to feel like a bit like the Troll under the bridge....

No comments:

Post a Comment