Friday, May 13, 2011

My right arm is 3” longer than when I started!


When I wrote about my arm and shoulder being crunched (Clumsy and Clumsy Part Two) I still continued to use the arm and continued with therapy. This morning I took Max the Wonder dog out for a walk as usual, and after a nice romp I returned home. I realized he hadn’t “gone” and figured I’d go back out again and see if he could relieve himself.

We walked up the street when we ran into his former best friend, a large German shepherd who decided at some moment in time that Max was no longer his best friend and tried to kill him. Max immediately took off trying to “slay the dragon” with fierceness and aggression while the shepherd returned the aggression trying to pull loose from his master.

I was scared for Max, as well as me if she couldn’t hold the shepherd. Max, a Cairn terrier who only weighs 19 pounds although it’s all muscle, and he can’t really move me and I can handle him. I was able to pick him up if needed. The shepherd must weigh about 75 pounds or more and his owner weighs in at about 100 pounds, thus the dilemma.

After the problem moved on Max deadheaded for the lawn of his attacker and deposited his morning dump with vigor.

As we worked our way home so I could get to work, with my tired self worn down by trauma, on our lawn stood, “The Rabbit”! Max was off trying to remove my right arm by force!

Of course he couldn’t do much except go horizontal through the air, be stopped by his collar and what’s left of my arm.

My shoulder hurts and my right arm is 3” longer than when I started!

No comments:

Post a Comment