Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Call To Mama


My mother with her grandsons in the 80's.

On Monday evening my older daughter and my wife and younger daughter all arrived home from Montreal after picking up my wayward child. It was a homecoming, sort of, because my older daughter was gone in 30 minutes to go see her friends.

On Wednesday evening we all were home and had dinner together.

I must have been feeling good (the booze helped) but it was an all right with the world kind of feeling, even Max the Super dog was happy.

As dinner was over and we were sitting there, I reached for the phone to call my mother to tell her my daughter was home and all was fine.

I know this sounds like a nice gesture, but my mother passed away in 1997!

I caught myself doing this as I went to do it so I never even got to the phone. Unfortunately, I called my mother every day, at least once, from the time I was about 20 until she passed.

Old habits die hard……..

No comments:

Post a Comment