Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Canadian Tire credit card...


It’s an ugly business! Credit card companies try and tell us that we can save the environment by using ebills and they don’t have to pay postage and use paper. This will. of course, save the world for our kids!

I wish it were so! But it doesn’t always work that way.

I have a Canadian Tire credit card with a very low percentage rate, and I will admit to not paying it off every 30 days, and dealing with the monthly fees. However, when they asked me to use ebill I ponyed up to it and tried to save the world. It was fine for a while because I paid them some money when I could and I paid it no mind, and always paid enough not to call my credit into question. A month ago I received the notice of my ebill telling me I was overdue in payment. I called and complained and they assured me I must have done something wrong.

I paid them some money and they went away. Sure enough, on Friday they wrote and said my ebill was ready and when I went there they would not show me what I owed them. They demanded an immediate payment! I went ballistic!

I called and we had a heart to heart conversation where they assured me nothing was wrong as long as I made a payment (which I did) and gave me a phone number for ebill. I was supposed to tell them they were wrong and were not sending my ebills on time, which was true.

I called and spoke to a guy who looked up my phone number, my login name, my credit card number and finally told me he had never heard of me, and I was not in their system!

He said the credit card company was wrong. I asked how come I was receiving emails about ebills if I wasn’t in their system and he said it must have been through some other bank other than the major Canadian banks. What in the hell was wrong was that they are all idiots! Everyone points at the other guy and no one fixes the system.

I logged on to my on line account and moved myself (I hope) back to snail mail billing, regardless of the environmental impact I create. My credit rating is more important than the piece of paper I create.

This is the last chance. If this does not work I will pay off the card and dump it! I have more than enough credit cards in my arsenal already.

No comments:

Post a Comment