Friday, February 18, 2011

A Great Program if you can understand it....


One of my favorite programs is Glary Utilities. There is a free version and a pay version, and I’ve never even bothered to look at the pay one as the free one is pretty good. It cleans up the computer and eliminates registry problems as well as other stuff. As you can see from the following review from “fileforum” it does lots of things I have no idea how to do or why. But for free, it’s wonderful.


Glary Utilities 2.32.0.1126

Glary Utilities offers numerous powerful and easy-to-use system tools and utilities to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC. It allows you to clean common system junk files, as well as invalid registry entries and Internet traces. You can manage and delete browser add-ons, analyze disk space usage and find duplicate files. You can also view and manage installed shell extensions, encrypt your files from unauthorized access and use, split large files into smaller manageable files and then rejoin them. Furthermore, it includes the options to optimize memory, find, fix, or remove broken Windows shortcuts, manage the programs that start at Windows startup and uninstall software. Other features include secure file deletion, an Empty Folder finder and more.

It has to be updated every now and then, and when it needs to be updated it will tell you when you go to open it. I usually am in the middle of something else and will sort of stop and update if possible.

Today I was working and decided that my computer was slowing down way too much, so I would run Glary Utilities in the background as I worked. It told me to update and I did, paying no attention to what I was doing but just clicking the appropriate buttons. What you see on the screen was what I saw!

I knew I had downloaded a new version of Glary by the look of it but I had no idea what it said or what I was supposed to do. Using my own logic, I went to their website and downloaded a new copy, but paid attention. I hit the button without looking at the category, and it said Language!

As I hit it when it came up, what you see here is the Albanian version of Glary Utilities, the first alphabetical listing for Glary!

You can get any version, even English from: http://www.glaryutilities.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment