Thursday, April 22, 2010

I can't believe it, a Robert Ryan story....


As often happens, I may have written this one before, but I can’t find it.

Somewhere in the 50’s, my dear late friend Jim Striby was out and about traveling with his wife, and they were in a small, touristy town shooing. As he went into a store he was struck by one of the other shoppers. It was one of those, “I know, I know him from somewhere” kind of feelings and it bothered him.

They went on to another store and lo and behold, the same guy shows up and the same thing happens.

Finally, in the third store Jim gives in to his feelings, and sure as he can be he approaches the stranger and says, “Pardon me, I’m Jim Striby. I know I know you from somewhere, I’m sure we went to high school together”.

The stranger looks at him, smiles and says, “No, we didn’t go to high school together, my name is Robert Ryan, I’m an actor”.

Jim smiled and crawled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment