Monday, April 12, 2010

Dream Sequence

Last night (sort of) at 2:00 a.m. this morning, I woke up, having fallen asleep around 9:00, and was wide awake. I went downstairs and turned on the TV, with my wireless headphones on, and had a bowl of cereal and watched “5ive Girls” with Ron Perlman.

The plot of this “classic” goes something like this (from IMDB): “In St. Marks catholic boarding school for girls, the religious student Elizabeth is attacked by evil forces and disappears from the classroom and the impotent Father Drake is incapable of saving her. The school is closed and five years later it is reopened. Five troubled unwanted girls - Alex, Mara, the blind Cecilia, Leah and Connie - are left by their family in the institution, severely directed by the headmistress Miss Pearce with hands of iron. Father Drake is their teacher and the girls are forbidden to go to the mysterious third floor. When Alex has visions of the possessed Elizabeth, weird things happen in the spot and the girls have to fight against a legion of two thousand demons.”

Needless to say there is some good nudity, lots of Catholic schoolgirls in uniforms going bad and a huge amount of blood!

This came on late and lasted 2 ½ hours due to a never ending group of commercials. I watched an entire episode of Hoarders during the commercial breaks.

As it ended at 5:00 a.m., I was dozing and looking to see what else was on. I drifted asleep, sitting in an upholstered straight back wing chair.

I dreamed that my youngest daughter and I were out for a walk, I think, and she was about 7 or 8 years old. We met a strange young man, and he did seemed very nice. He was in his late twenties. He was walking along with us and maybe we were inside of some very big warehouse.

As we walked along, a woman started screaming, “Stay away from that man, get away from him! He is a killer! He will kill you!”

I never have such dreams and as it was so scary, I woke up to realize I was still hearing the screaming!

As I mentioned, I was wearing wireless headphones, and on the screen was the film, “Friday the 13th, A New Beginning”. A woman on the TV was screaming at a late twenties guy, the one I with whom I had been walking.


Somehow, I managed to bring the dream and the movie into a "perfect" blend in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment