Saturday, January 30, 2010

My First Fashonista Blog


In the Urban Dictionary, one (of many) of the descriptions of a Fashionista is:

One who believes in the power of fashion. Fashionistas are typically either stylish women or homosexual men ( note: I am neither!).
As an example of a successful fashionist government, they cite the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas in New York City (1999) almost religiously, in which local fashionistas overthrew the municipal government.


"Blacklist that sucker! He's a Fashionista! Keep an eye out because he'll either try to anally violate you or overthrow our government."

In the Globe and Mail one day last week there was an article about Fashion Blogs written by mostly very young girls that were having an affect on today’s fashion. I thought, given my fashion sense, and both of my daughter’s constant comment on that fashion sense, that I would take on some of this contemporary fashion direction and add my own unique touch to the fray.

Rather than create another blog just for my fashion tips and trends, I thought I’d add fashion tips whenever I could to my existing and wildly popular Arthursdays. This way all my regular readers could spread the word about my fashion induced blog.

Today, for my first post, I wanted to talk about shoe trends. Before I purchased these shoes last year I did ask my older daughter if I had her permission to wear them and she agreed it was OK. As it turns out, as the shoes have aged and taken on a patina, much like bronze sculpture, they may be less appreciated by a larger group. They are working their way out to esoteric! My daughters do not like them and now consider them to be fashion disasters.

They have always been known as Dad’s Spiderman Shoes!

I did buy them at Winners, on Clearance, but of course!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and fashionable young people theme of the times!It is my pleasure to read your article!I hope your readers become more and more!

    ReplyDelete