Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Birthday Continued (I'm tired of toilet posts)


On my birthday, on January 16, I started by saying, “It’s my birthday and my wife is making a nice dinner with friends, and it’s a good thing. It’s hitting me a bit hard, but I’m still vertical and clear of head, so it can’t be that bad. I have not been this freaked out before, there’s something about 68 that’s just over the top for me.”

My dear friend, Professor Joel Cohen, mathematician, and probably the only real mathematician I know (if you’re an accountant it doesn’t even count!) wrote and said, “I also found 68 a very hard birthday, perhaps because 68 is not a prime number. For what it's worth, 67 is a prime number and so is 71. I hope this birthday finds you happy and healthy and that you have many, many more birthdays.”

OK, a mathematical answer for sure, but it didn’t make me feel better; it did make me laugh although that may not have been the intention.

My youngest daughter received a new Nikon D-60 DSLR for Christmas, so I asked her to take pictures at my party so I would have something to remember it by and my family would always have the images in case they needed them in some memorial in the future. (God, I sound just like my mother!)

We had a great time and we plan to do it again next year, with a 69 theme! I leave that to the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment